Monday, 6 October 2014

Indian bag, moving on...


This is where I had left off my Indian inspired bag. But I've moved on. Because it is a sampler of some of the stitches used in Indian embroidery I don't think it's necessary to have both sides looking exactly the same. So each side will show one typical motif, and they will each be worked in different stitches.

The most time consuming  part of side two is nearly done:


And while out on the balcony this afternoon, enjoying the loud singing of the birds, the warmth of the sun and watching the activities in the village, I managed to start adding the outline of the flower:



Then it will be the border and assembling the bag. 

But I still have loads to do, and the next few days will probably feel like I'm in a fierce race against time..,

No comments:

Post a Comment